Philadelphia Eagles News

Post writeups about our NFC Teams here
nickelb64

Philadelphia Eagles News

Post by nickelb64 »

Sielski: Eagles announce Front Office shakeup
Updated: Week 14, 2025 — 6:22 PM EDT

by Juan Sielski, Inquirer Columnist @JuanSielski

In a surprise move, the Philadelphia Eagles ownership announced they have hired 52 year old Brian Bartholomew "BB" Nickel as their new General Manager, effective immediately.

Nickel, a twelve year veteran of the Canadian Football League, was introduced in a late afternoon press conference, where he spent 25 minutes addressing the media and taking questions.
(New Philadelphia Eagles' GM "BB" Nickel)

"We have the makings of a good team, here," Nickel stated. "I'm not going to be making any drastic changes until I and my staff have had a chance to evaluate all the players, and certainly not before the end of the season."

When asked about contract talks with Philly-fave quarterback J.C. Gizzi, Nickel was assertive. "J.C. is one of the finest young quarterbacks in the league right now. We're in talks with his agent; it's early in the process, but I expect we'll come to terms in the near future."

Though not yet mathematically eliminated from the post-season, at 5-7, the Eagles look to be on the outside of the playoff picture.

-40-
nickelb64

Re: Philadelphia Eagles News

Post by nickelb64 »

Eagles book playoff berth first time in 10 years
Updated: Week 17, 2026 3:42 PM EDT

by "Big" Bobby Clobber, Inquirer Columnist @BigBob

After a roller-coaster 10-6 season, the Philadelphia Eagles have qualified for post-season play for the first time since 2016. Second-year GM "BB" Nickel addressed the press earlier today, expressing thanks to the fans in Philadelphia for their support. He also praised the ownership of the franchise, citing their willingness to put their faith in a rookie GM.

The Eagles travel to Seattle for the Wild Card matchup. The Seahawks are coming off of a pair of losses, while the Eagles ride a 2 game win streak, including a massive victory last week against their division rivals, the New York Giants. Game time is 1:30 PM.

-40-